Pipe status codes

From: David Erickson
Subject: Pipe status codes
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 12:23:39 -0700

Hi there-
I just discovered parallel and it looks great.  One existing use case
I have for commands I would like to run is something like:

parallel 'cmd1 {} 2>&1 | tee somewhere.log'

I have a couple questions regarding this use case:

1) Will parallel correctly honor my request to redirect stderr to stdout?

2) Is there some way to use --halt with the error code returned from
cmd1?  IE in bash I can do this with ${PIPESTATUS[0]}, because tee
will always return 0.  Alternatively, can parallel log both stdout and
stderr for each command to a unique file with naming of my choice?

Thanks!
David