Re: --ungroup example

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: --ungroup example
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2011 22:19:42 +0100

On Tue, Nov 15, 2011 at 2:02 PM, Hans Schou <chlor@schou.dk> wrote:

> I just had a mistake with parallel - it did not work.
>
> Two servers rebooted and I was waiting for them to come online again.
> They might run fsck so I wanted to login to the first one which came
> up.
>
>  parallel ping ::: example.org example.com
>
> ....no responce - arghh? Both of them can not boot!
>
> Solution:
>  parallel --ungroup ping ::: example.org example.com

This might be a better solution for your problem:

  parallel -j0 w4it-for-port-open {} 22\; echo {}\;echo :::
example.com example.net | parallel -r --tty ssh

See http://ole.tange.dk/projekter/my_software/w4it-for-port-open

That will wait for port 22 to open on any of the machines and then ssh
to that machine.

/Ole