Re: Alpha release of GNU Parallel 20110505

From: Hans Schou
Subject: Re: Alpha release of GNU Parallel 20110505
Date: Fri, 6 May 2011 14:49:11 +0200

2011/5/6 Mag Gam <magawake@gmail.com>:
> just curious, when you create a new version of Parallel are there any
> regression tests you run? Currently, I use parallel for a lot of my
> tasks just want to make sure it still behaves like the old way.

For 'parallel' there is 58 test script which is testing command line
options and parallel behavior. They are only in the git repo - take a
copy:
   git clone git://git.savannah.gnu.org/parallel.git

As an example test58.sh is testing the use of ::: mixed with ::::

If a test fail there is no release until it is solved.

If you use parallel in a very odd way, which is not described in the
manual, you can probably ask Ole to make test for that.

/hans