Re: problem using nested parallel

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: problem using nested parallel
Date: Sun, 1 May 2011 21:50:23 +0200

On Sun, May 1, 2011 at 7:08 PM, Shantanu Unknown
<shantanu9847@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Ole,
> Neither of the two solutions you suggested are working for me.

Please include the output from what you get when running it.

> I am using
> GNU parallel version 20101125 (Is that too old)?

No: :::: was implemented in 20100722.

> When I tried bash shell, it only gave <contentsof file>/output/

It works fine with parallel-20101115 running bash:

$ (echo a;echo b;echo c;echo d) > filename
$ parallel-20101115 -k echo {1}/output/{2} :::: filename <(seq 19 22)
a/output/19
b/output/20
c/output/21
d/output/22

Are you sure you are copying the command exactly? (Use copy/paste - do
not trust your eyes)

> Also I did read the examples on the man page and thought I had implemented
> things correctly based on the examples.

Does the example from the man page work on your system?

/Ole