problem using nested parallel

From: Shantanu Unknown
Subject: problem using nested parallel
Date: Sat, 30 Apr 2011 23:55:52 +0000

Hi,
I am probably doing something dumb , but I couldn't figure it out
I have a bunch of directory names in a file and I want to print out the directory names appended with some numbers.
So I do
cat filename|  seq 19 22 | parallel -j1  echo "{1}/output/{2}"
and for each row of contents of filename I want
<filenamecontent>/output19
<filenamecontent>/output20
<filenamecontent>/output21
<filenamecontent>/output22

However this is not working. What am I doing wrong? I am using tcsh(but same problem also happens in bash shell)
Instead what I get is just {1}/output{2} 19
     {1}/output{2} 20 and so on
I also replaced parallel  with parallel -N2

Thanks
shantanu