Re: {.} {/} {/.} ...

From: Ole Tange
Subject: Re: {.} {/} {/.} ...
Date: Tue, 26 Apr 2011 00:04:05 +0200

Hi Malcom.

I clearly did not explain why you should give examples: I am a lazy
person and I prefer others write my man pages. So it would be great if
you could come up with a couple examples that can be used directly in
the man page: write the command line, not just the words. The examples
should (if possible) be generally useful.

Jay said:

> As for the corner cases, the least-surprising and probably easiest
> thing to do is emulate dirname(1), which (I'm told) is exactly what
> Perl's File::Basename does.

This makes sense. It seems File::Basename is in perl 5.003, so it
should be safe to use that.

/Ole