paragui-users

[paragui-users] on OpenGL (much shorter subject line :)

From: Teunis Peters
Subject: [paragui-users] on OpenGL (much shorter subject line :)
Date: Sun, 2 Jun 2002 13:20:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Sun, 2 Jun 2002, Andrew Ford wrote:

> One thing I was wondering about is just compiling
> paragui with David Olofson's sdlgl.  He said that it
> should only take including glsdl.h instead of sdl.h.
> I haven't had a chance to find out for myself, but I
> would suggest looking into it.  I don't think there
> would be anything wrong with adding opengl support and
> compiling a seperate paraguigl(.so .dll)

Compiles cleanly with glSDL.h
but there's other changes (like -DHAVE_OPENGL) that are needed too.
And some SDL functions (glSDL_GetVideoSurface for instance) aren't
available (but there ARE equivalents).

so - so far so good.  Just replacing SDL.h with glSDL.h isn't enough
because unless you do all the steps glSDL doesn't activate...  which makes
it a -really- safe plugin in a lot of ways :)

Still researching though....

G'day, eh? :)
        - Teunis