[Paparazzi-devel] IVY BUS communication with motion capture data similar

From: JD123UAV
Subject: [Paparazzi-devel] IVY BUS communication with motion capture data similar to TUDELFT
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2017 05:26:45 -0700 (MST)

Hi,

Currently I am developing code that will capture drone position data in a
vicon motion capture system similar to the work bu TUDELFT in the Optitrack
sytem with NatNet.

The story so far, I can capture the drone position data with a udp, have
developed a paparazzi center tool selection from the tools menu.

Now, I want to send the data to the Drone and GCS via the Ivy bus, after
looking at NatNet is it a case of using the ivy bus multicast addresses in a
similar fashion as a UDP socket?

And do I have to change the IP address of the drone so that the is not
providing the Wi-Fi network but now joining the Vicon network?

Or is this all unnecessary and there is a much simpler way to pass position
data once captured via udp to the drone as GPS ?

I am currently using a udp socket in this path

paparazzi/sw/ground_segment/misc/vicon2ivy  note the vicon2ivy is in the
same path as natnet2ivy

kind regards,

John