pandora-users

Re: [Pandora] [offtopic] linking with external .a files

From: Simon Patarin
Subject: Re: [Pandora] [offtopic] linking with external .a files
Date: Sun, 6 Apr 2003 22:36:15 +0200 (MET DST)

Hi,

[sorry for the delay, I was off for some vacations last week]

> How should I build a component with an external .a file?
>
> I want to add features to a component already build and now I want to add
> some external funcionality, with it's available as a .a file
>
> where should begin?

You should look at the '.mk' files in the 'rules' subdirectory. These
files are automake Makefiles that are automatically merged to form the
Makefile.am of subdirectory 'pandora_components'.

If you want to add your .a lib to build a component, you must add it to
the _LDFLAGS target that contains your component.

For example if you want to use libfoo.a to build mycomponent.cc you would
have something like:

libpmycomp_la_LDFLAGS =     libfoo.a
libpmycomp_la_SOURCES =     mycomponent.cc

Simon