pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.144 for Windows

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.144 for Windows
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2018 17:46:28 +0100

Yes, it is the external libraries and toolchain that you need to link against - most of them need to be specially installed alongside their 64-bit counterparts. PAN has a lot of external dependencies :)

This is why I would (personally) install a separate Mingw32 environment so there can be no accidental complications or crossover between the two.

Even once you've solved that issue, some of the Mingw toolchain is a bit different to Linux, or simply has things missing because Windows cannot do it, and so does not support some of the assumptions made by PAN and there are a few little "hacks" necessary to make PAN build and run. I've collected these hacks over time and probably don't remember half of them, so I would have to start from the beginning again for 32-bit.

On 9 April 2018 at 17:33, Zan Lynx <address@hidden> wrote:
On 04/09/2018 10:17 AM, Zan Lynx wrote:
> For GCC based compilers like Mingw, can't you just add the -m32
> command-line option in order to build a 32-bit image?

Ah so it is a little more complicated than I thought.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/19690504/how-do-i-compile-and-link-a-32-bit-windows-executable-using-mingw-w64

--
                Knowledge is Power -- Power Corrupts
                        Study Hard -- Be Evil