pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] signature when replying to Usenet posts

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] signature when replying to Usenet posts
Date: Mon, 29 Aug 2016 01:44:46 +0000 (UTC)

Dave posted on Sun, 28 Aug 2016 23:13:52 +0100 as excerpted:

> OS:   FreeBSD 10.3 Pan:  0.140 Inserts 3 blank lines.

Gentoo Linux (~amd64 with live-git kde from the gentoo/kde overlay and
live-git pan from my own overlay).

5 blank lines with the carot blinking on the second one.  As I said it
has been that way for a very long time.

But for your FBSD pan, is it packaged or self-built?  If it's packaged,
it may well be that someone already came up with a patch for it and
applied that.  If so, perhaps the same patch will work on Linux.  Of
course if it's self-built, presumably you'd know if you applied a patch
for that, in which case it probably does have something to do with a
library, somewhere.

One other possibility is that it's a gtk2 vs. gtk3 thing.  Here, I'm
building pan with gtk2, as we (as pan upstream) have always recommended,
since for some time at least, a gtk3 build always seemed to come with
weird bugs... but for all I know they're all fixed now.  Anyway, if you
or fbsd is building pan against gtk3, that might be the difference.