pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] FQDN don't work

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] FQDN don't work
Date: Sun, 5 Jun 2016 15:09:55 +0000 (UTC)

FritzS - gmx posted on Sun, 05 Jun 2016 09:30:06 +0200 as excerpted:

> I use Pan 0.140 Chocolate Salty Balls (GIT b8fc14e
> git.gnome.org/git/pan2; x86_64-apple-darwin15.4.0) on Mac and Macports.
>
> I had a problem, my own FQDN don’t work.
> I wrote my own preferred FQDN in the provided field, but Pan don’t use
> them to create a own MID.
>
> Whats wrong?

It could be that there's a bug in the custom domain name code that hasn't
been caught since presumably most just let pan pickup the domain name
from the email address.  I know I do that here.

I /may/ test it, but (as you likely noted from the recent thread, I just
moved and haven't caught back up yet on my feeds and stuff, so I may not
get to it.

I /can/ say, from previous experience, if you have multiple posting
profiles, double-check that the one you're altering is the one pan is
using to post to your testing group with.  It can simply be that pan is
using a different posting profile than the one you intended, so the one
you are modifying isn't the one pan's actually using for your tests.

(I recall posting how it chose the default posting profile and what to do
to change that default, but I don't remember the details myself, so would
again have to test that...)