pan-users

[Pan-users] Weird bug with gcc-5.2's libstdc++

From: Holger Hoffstätte
Subject: [Pan-users] Weird bug with gcc-5.2's libstdc++
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2015 21:43:08 +0000 (UTC)

Hola,

For fun (sad, I know..) I tried to rebuild pan on Gentoo with gcc-5.2,
which has so far been working well for me. The old binary - built with
4.9.x - has worked fine forever; the new binary has a weird bug.

On startup it can somehow no longer properly locate the ~/.pan2 directory
and always decides to create an empty newsrc-1 in my ~.

Rebuilding with clang 3.6.2 gives the same result, so it probably has to
do with the new libstdc++. Good thing I had a backup of the old binary..

Anybody seeing similar effects? Any ideas how to fix?

Holger