pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Body pane is wrongly resizing pan's top-level window

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Body pane is wrongly resizing pan's top-level window
Date: Fri, 3 Jul 2015 15:54:43 -0700

On Fri, 3 Jul 2015 06:22:05 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:

<magnum opus snipped for brevity while I take a few days to absorb it>
;-)

I wanted to post a sample 'problem' jpeg file that you could view in
pan to see if it causes the same problem for you, but I just discovered
that I can't do it.

I used pan to save a 'problem' jpeg to disk, and then I used pan to post
the same (unedited) jpeg to a test group.

I was amazed to find that pan behaved normally when viewing the problem
jpeg that I posted myself:  the body pane added a scroll bar so the
entire jpeg could be seen without expanding the top-level window, just
as expected.

I went to pan's article-cache and used uudeview to extract both the
original article and the one I posted.  The two jpeg files are bitwise
identical according to cmp.

This is the most desirable outcome from any experiment:  a surprise :)

I'll keep chewing on this surprise while I continue to decode Duncan's
post...