pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Emails

From: Gerald Livingston
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Emails
Date: Sun, 24 May 2015 14:33:41 -0500

Looking at the toolbar of my mail client (Claws Mail) I have

"Reply"  (Reply to the defaulted reply-to address)
"All"    (Reply to all addresses from the header)
"Sender" (Reply to the address in the 'From' header)
"List"   (Reply to the 'List-Address' header if there is one use
          'reply-to' if there isn't)

Defaulting "Reply-to" to the list address is actually the correct way
to do it for a list like this. When one clicks "Reply" one should
expect the message to go back to the place it came from. That is the
list in this instance. There should be a thought process involved in
getting replies to go elsewhere, otherwise the bulk of list discussions
get unintentionally taken off-list or, worse, it falls upon the author
to copy/paste all off-list replies back to the list, usually destroying
threading in the process.

My $0.02

G2