pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Scoring troubles...

From: JB
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Scoring troubles...
Date: Mon, 4 Aug 2014 09:19:08 -0500

On Mon, 4 Aug 2014 01:45:50 +0000 (UTC)
Duncan <address@hidden> wrote:

> JB posted on Sun, 03 Aug 2014 10:40:47 -0500 as excerpted:
>
> > Hi all,
> >
> >   I've been getting a large number of the german-netherland big MB-sized
> >   posts to a certain newsgroup. Unfortunately because I can only afford
> >   the cheapest option of the server for my groups,
>
> This doesn't directly address your question (see below for that), but it
> /might/ solve the "cheapest option" problem for you.  Perhaps not, too,
> at least not immediately, but it could be worth considering for later, if
> you for instance get a lump sum (like a tax refund) once a year or some
> such.
>
> Here's the deal.  While most NSPs do month-to-month, there's a few that
> do unexpiring block downloads.  If you don't do a whole lot of huge
> binaries (and it sounds like you simply can't, ATM) and/or if you do
> binaries but your downloading tends to be in fits and spurts (my case, I
> can go a year or more without touching them, then have a bit of time and
> get the download bug and be rather active for a week or two, then months
> to over a year without, again), these unexpiring block accounts tend to
> save you **LOTS** of money over even the cheapest month-to-month account.

  <big snip>

> Anyway... on to answer your question, now...

  <another big snip>

> Here's a link to the first post of that thread on gmane's web interface.
> From there, clicking the topic link on the left should get you the
> thread, including my answer (and another) to his scoring question.
>
> http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.comp.gnome.apps.pan.devel/1560
>
> With a bit of luck you're talking about the same thing and the suggested
> filter, entered directly in the scorefile if necessary, will help.

  Wow! Very, very nice writeup/answer, Duncan! Man oh man, you outdone yourself
  with this one, heh. Hopefully this will help me be able to ignore score the
  jerk *AND* maybe I'll be able to find a cheaper solution to my 10 bucks per
  month not-so-good news server problem!

  Can't thank you enough or say enough about how nice of you to help out like
  that and to take all that time to research things.

  Give yourself a pat on the back and you get a huge 'Atta boy!' and if I'm ever
  in Europe, I'll holler and buy you a beer or 20 if this all pans out for me.

  JB

--
http://www.lawcollective.org/  Learn your rights easily through cartoons!

http://www.roadblock.org/rights/  Know your rights about and at roadblocks!

http://fija.org/  Learn about Jury Nullification! Take back your rights from the
over-reaching: police, justice system and government!