pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Incorrect threading - 0.139 GIT bf56508

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Incorrect threading - 0.139 GIT bf56508
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 01:51:57 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 10 Dec 2013 20:37:16 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:

> You can find posts of mine on nntp.opensuse.org - anything I've posted
> since Sunday is a candidate for being threaded incorrectly.

For example, on nntp.opensuse.org, in the group
opensuse.org.help.applications, thread titled "Nvidia repository for
13.1?", my reply to F_Style is incorrectly threaded to his reply
containing the text "Ouch, my bad, sorry" instead of the message I quoted
(containing a URL and "Why?").

In that case, my reply ended up being attached to the grandparent of the
post I was actually replying to.

This particular post was made after I wiped my entire .pan2 configuration
and recreated it from scratch, just to make sure there wasn't something
left over from an old version that was causing a problem.

Oddly, though, the version that was installed with openSUSE 13.1 was in
fact the version I was using on openSUSE 12.2 (ie, I was not using 0.136
as I thought I had been) - I checked the headers of posts last week, and
it was the same build, but running on openSUSE 12.2 I never had this
problem.

Jim
--
 Jim Henderson