pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Surprise! :) (Re: Using Pan on Mac)

From: Daniel Berjón Díez
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Surprise! :) (Re: Using Pan on Mac)
Date: Thu, 5 Dec 2013 17:40:45 +0100

On 4 December 2013 21:31, SciFi <address@hidden> wrote:
> Due to my own updates, mainly Perl from ActiveState.com which
> I've installed such that almost all system tasks use it rather
> than the Fruit-provided ones, and other such mods, in order to
> get ahead of the vendor-provided versions of the open-source
> components of OSX for security fixes and other reasons, well,
> I cannot run Fink nor Macports properly if at all.

I am not sure of how well do they support Snow Leopard, but you might
want to try Homebrew ( http://brew.sh ) instead. Even if the
distribution-provided packages do not run well in your system, it is
easy to adapt/write your own formulas and it helps you keep your
directory structure sane and maintainable.