pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Is there a "sent" folder for Pan 0.135 (for sending to m

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Is there a "sent" folder for Pan 0.135 (for sending to moderated newsgroups)?
Date: Thu, 21 Nov 2013 10:19:10 +0000 (UTC)

Travis posted on Wed, 20 Nov 2013 22:15:21 -0800 as excerpted:

What Travis said!

If you use pan you've probably seen what a tangle an HTML message can
look like in it, and yours was worse than most as it didn't even include
a plain-text version!  (A fair share of list regulars including me use
pan for this and other lists via gmane.org's list2news service.)

Had Travis not replied, you'd not have this reply either, and in fact,
I'd be tempted to killfile you!  HTML posts are rude, and no plain text
at all is even ruder!  (Actually, while I certainly would have been
tempted to killfile, I do try to give people a fair chance first, so what
I'd have probably done is simply posted a reply saying if you want a
proper reply, quit being rude and post a non-html message.)

Meanwhile, there's a "sent" folder in current git-pan (aka 0.140-pre-
release), but it's still buggy and doesn't work quite right just yet.
Basically, posts sent in a session show up as headers-only, not
downloaded, and clicking them does nothing, since there's nowhere to
download them from.  But quit and restart pan, and they show up and can
be read as normal.  Another strangeness is that sent messages show up as
unread with each new session.  They can be marked read and they'll stay
marked for that session, but quit and restart pan and they're all back to
unread again.

So the feature is there in git-pan, but only sort-of works.  In
particular, it can be a hassle to have to quit and restart pan in ordered
to see the sent post.  Tho it still beats not having sent posts at all.

So if you want to try it, build pan from git sources and see what you
think. =:^)