pan-users

[Pan-users] pan cmd line things

From: markballard
Subject: [Pan-users] pan cmd line things
Date: Mon, 02 Sep 2013 15:47:14 -0400

hi -

I'm using linux (amd64/gentoo) and pan r0.139. a couple things about cmd line/"--no-gui --verbose" for nzb files:

a) I have primary and one fallback set in servers.xml but if I put an invalid port in for primary before starting pan (to test if cmd line mode handles multiple servers like gui apparently does) pan seems to ignore there's a backup and just sits there not d/l anything.

b) ctl-q shows in gui as how to close pan but I can't figure out how to properly close pan when using --no-gui ("q" nor ctl-q stop it, I have to ctl-c).

c) I'm not finding a way to have pan not redownload part of a rar set that already exists. for example I start an nzb d/l, have to stop pan, it has its tasks.nzb but it lists everything from the original nzb. so to avoid "_copy" when I restart I have to edit those articles out of tasks.nzb (I could open queue and remove the existing ones there but in --no-gui that's not available; plus imm it's kind of clunky anyway having to manually tell pan in effect something was already d/l so don't d/l again).

or maybe the trouble is I can't find a way to stop pan gracefully in cmd line mode before entire nzb d/l has finished? ie if I could it would remove from tasks.nzb/queue what's already been d/l?

otoh wrt nzb imm it would still be handy if pan removed anything in the queue/tasks,nzb when it sees the filename is already there.

d) a minor thing is there's no "time/files remaining" kind of notification using "--no-gui --verbose".

thanks.