pan-users

[Pan-users] Pan/0.139 - threading issue

From: Dave
Subject: [Pan-users] Pan/0.139 - threading issue
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 00:21:15 +0100

Is anyone seeing newsgroup theading issue with Pan 0.139?
It's natively compiled on FreeBSD 9.1

On the group in question:
newsgroup:  free.virginmedia.test
subject:   Testing custom User Agent header
date:  19th Aug, 11pm local (GMT/UTC+1)

There are replies I've made to myself but they don't thread properly, showing
up as replies to the original post rather than the one it's actually in reply
to.  Others, using other newsreaders including OE and Agent have commented on
the threading problems.

I've tested replies with full automatic message quoting, highlighting text
then reply to only quote specific test, switched off/on body pane word wrap,
and wondered if the splitting of headers in replies might be a cause, eg
ie at a comma.  Likewise,the User Agent: header is huge and gets split across
line.

On the other hand, looking at the "Testing custom User Agent header" thread
using knode,  everything looks just fine with all messages threaded and
indented correctly.

If you can't access that newsgroup but have some ideas/help/advice, I can post
headers here if required.