pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan core-dumps on startup

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan core-dumps on startup
Date: Sun, 14 Jul 2013 21:40:35 +0000 (UTC)

John Aldrich posted on Sun, 14 Jul 2013 16:30:05 -0400 as excerpted:

> On Sun July 14 2013 7:53:33 PM Heinrich Müller wrote:
>>
>> try deleting your .pan2 folder and try again.
>>
> Thanks, Heinrich. Apparently something got FUBARed in my config file and
> (in this case) renaming the folder removed the bad file from where it
> was expected and caused a new one to be created, resolving the problem!
> :D

There have been several reports of a corrupt tasks.nzb file triggering
crashes/coredumps.  Since you renamed the directory, if you haven't
deleted it yet, try restoring it and just moving/renaming the tasks.nzb
file.  If that's it, it'll save the rest of your config, as well as
confirm that file as a problem trigger once again.

If that's the problem and you weren't downloading anything too personal,
I'd suggest filing a bug and attaching that file, as I'm beginning to
believe pan needs rather more robust handling for it and that would give
Heinrich and others something real to test against.