pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] How would I debug Pan (intermittently) sending posts in

From: Rock
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] How would I debug Pan (intermittently) sending posts in triplicate?
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 07:03:14 +0000 (UTC)

On Tue, 09 Jul 2013 13:54:16 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> FWIW, I used ngrep here, when configuring pan for the new header
> compression as well as the secure connections features, to verify that it
> was working as intended.   (Obviously, ngrep won't yield much of use from
> the content of the secure connection except for verifying that it's no
> longer clear-text, so I set that up last, but the TCP packet headers will
> still be in the clear, or the packets couldn't be routed.)  Your pan is
> of course too old to have those features

FWIW, I do use Pan 0.135 (which is the latest available on Centos without
actually compiling from source) with stunnel in order to post to free
news servers which use port 563 SSL/TLS encryption, e.g.:
 http://www.banana.mixmin.net/m2n.html
 Server = news.mixmin.net
 Port = 563 SSL/TLS (requires the stunnel ssl tunnel)

However, setting up stunnel on Centos is an exercise in and of itself,
mainly because all the tutorials on the net for other operating systems
simply do not apply - so - you're on your own (as with many RHEL6 affairs).