pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.139: Where -in .pan2 - are setup info for fonts an

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.139: Where -in .pan2 - are setup info for fonts and window area sizes kep?
Date: Wed, 26 Jun 2013 07:57:05 +0000 (UTC)

Maurice posted on Tue, 25 Jun 2013 18:12:57 +0000 as excerpted:

> I believe what I should do is - the first time I clone .pan2 - to
> copy the whoile lot, then - on  laptop/netbook - customise those
> settings and then subsequently omit that file from cloning/restoring in
> both directions.

That's what I'd recommend, yes.

Actually, as I pointed out and recommended, you can do that with quite a
few of the files.  The newsgroups.ynm file, for instance, shouldn't need
constantly synced between machines.

Definitely want to constantly sync:

        groups (subdir)
        newsrc files
        newsgroups.xov

Might or might not want to constantly sync:

        article-cache (subdir)
        Score
        downloads.stats
        tasks.nzb

Probably don't need to constantly sync or definitely do NOT want to
constantly sync:

        ssl_certs (subdir, only if pan is built with ssl support)
        accels.txt and pan.hotkeys
        newsgroups.dsc and newsgroups.ymn
        group-preferences.xml and preferences.xml
        posting.xml and servers.xml