pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Any hope to get a fix for uutomake 1.13.x support ?

From: fredbezies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Any hope to get a fix for uutomake 1.13.x support ?
Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 17:07:20 +0100

2013/2/13 Duncan <address@hidden>:
> fredbezies posted on Wed, 13 Feb 2013 13:10:34 +0100 as excerpted:

[...]
> I think I didn't convey the idea I intended to.  What I /meant/ was, did
> you run the command suggested by the error (automake --add-missing), not,
> did you run my first suggested commands.

Oops, indeed. Here is the automake --add-missing result after previous
commands :

address@hidden pan2]$ automake --add-missing
automake: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac', not
'configure.in'
configure.in:249: installing './config.guess'
configure.in:249: installing './config.sub'
configure.in:40: installing './install-sh'
configure.in:40: installing './missing'
Makefile.am: installing './INSTALL'
automake: warning: autoconf input should be named 'configure.ac', not
'configure.in'
pan/data-impl/Makefile.am: installing './depcomp'

pan2 is the repository with git source code in it.

So, so far so good ?

[...]
> You're at the hump, for sure, but not over it yet.
>
> There's probably another step in my script that I have to find and
> convert from the scripted form (lots of variables and functions) to a
> command-line form that you can use.  But I have to be in the right mood
> to correctly parse the scripts in my head and figure out what's going on,
> and while I was in that mood some hours ago, now I'm too tired, and
> should be sleeping, but I have less than an hour now before I have to
> getup and go to work and I haven't slept, so I might get a half hour nap
> or just stay up...

Well, running autogen.sh still give me this :

address@hidden pan2]$ ./autogen.sh --prefix=/usr --with-gnutls
--with-gtk3 --with-webkit
/usr/bin/gnome-autogen.sh
checking for autoconf >= 2.53...
  testing autoconf2.50... not found.
  testing autoconf... found 2.69
checking for automake >= 1.9...
  testing automake-1.12... not found.
  testing automake-1.11... not found.
  testing automake-1.10... not found.
  testing automake-1.9... not found.
***Error***: You must have automake >= 1.9 installed
  to build Pan.  Download the appropriate package for
  from your distribution or get the source tarball at
    http://ftp.gnu.org/pub/gnu/automake/automake-1.9.tar.gz

Sorry to be unlucky here, but besides installing automake 1.12 besides
1.13.1, I see no solutions :(

--
Frederic Bezies
address@hidden