pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Making Pan behave like OE/Windows Mail

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Making Pan behave like OE/Windows Mail
Date: Mon, 28 Jan 2013 10:40:00 +0000

On 27 January 2013 21:00, David WE Roberts <address@hidden> wrote:

I note that the version numbering in Bugzilla doesn't seem to match the
version numbering of the Windows versions.

I just took a look at this - Not quite sure what you mean.

The Windows version numbers are based on the version numbers in the source code of the product (Currently 0.139). The version numbers in Bugzilla should do the same. The .209 .210 .211 suffixes are just a build sequence number to keep the windows MSI packager that I use happy if I build a git-checkout where the headline version number is unchanged.

In fact, looking at bugzilla, it appears that they've used an umbrella "pre-1.0" version number, which is their prerogative :) All of the other version numbers they list 0.14 and so-forth are from previous generations of Pan.

Either way, I really must aim for an updated build soon.

Cheers,
Steve