pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Latest compressed headers fix

From: Heinrich Müller
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Latest compressed headers fix
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2013 17:01:53 +0100

Am 24.01.2013 04:28, schrieb Chris Gentle:
On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 6:53 PM, walt <address@hidden> wrote:
Here's my chance to put in a plug for my favorite network utility:
good old ngrep.  You can do amazing stuff with ngrep if you want, but
I normally just use it as an instant cli packet sniffer by typing
'ngrep' (as root) and then watch the packets whiz by on my terminal.

I took a peek with ngrep and also with wireshark but it's still not obvious whether compression is actually being used.  My connection to supernews is SSL enabled so all I see is nntps traffic.  That's why some visual feedback would be helpful.  I believe that it IS using compression but I can't prove it.

--
Chris
Hi Chris.

Cheers.