pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] 0.136 change in selected message behaviour

From: Jim Henderson
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] 0.136 change in selected message behaviour
Date: Mon, 21 Jan 2013 07:01:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 21 Jan 2013 06:09:05 +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:

> Cool, thanks.  I'm running the build that's included with openSUSE 12.2,
> think I'll ping the maintainer so there's something more recent in 12.3
> which just went beta.

Thought I'd posted a reply to this, sorry if it's a duplicate...

0.139 partially does it - it doesn't remove the selection if I go from
threaded view to unthreaded - but it does remove the selection if I go
from unthreaded to threaded.

I also cloned the git source (which did build, just without gtkspell for
some reason) and confirmed that behaviour is the same in that build as
well (selection stays when going threaded->unthreaded, but not from
unthreaded->threaded).

My guess is it's doing this because the selected thread is collapsed when
switching back to the threaded view.  IMHO, the behaviour should be (and
used to be) that all threads except the one the selected message was in
are collapsed.

Jim
--
 Jim Henderson