pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Segfault setting 0 connections Was: Anyone using a news

From: walt
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Segfault setting 0 connections Was: Anyone using a news server that speaks xzver?
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2012 17:54:08 -0800

On 12/26/2012 10:01 PM, Duncan wrote:

Of course, you can also edit the servers.xml file directly (with pan
closed of course), setting zero connections.  That should work, or I'd be
having problems with my zero-connect server.  But of course that doesn't
fix the segfault issue when trying it from within pan.

<sigh> I'm thinking now that the segfaulting is more complicated than just
changing the servers.xml file.  I'm also seeing segfaults while doing other
random sorts of things like just clicking on a (binary) article header:

(pan:8949): Gtk-WARNING **: gtktextbtree.c:4019: byte index off the end of the
line

(pan:8949): Gtk-ERROR **: Byte index 44 is off the end of the line
Trace/breakpoint trap

I'm way too tired (and coming down with a cold) to debug this any further ATM,
so I'll just crawl off to bed and turn the electric blanket up to 9 :)