pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] What tells Pan where to save??

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] What tells Pan where to save??
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2012 22:22:42 +0000 (UTC)

Beartooth posted on Mon, 26 Nov 2012 18:27:20 +0000 as excerpted:

> My Event Log keeps geting messages like these :
>
> Mon Nov 26 12:07:56 2012 - Unable to save "/home/XXXXX/.pan2/newsrc-4"
> Mon Nov 26 12:07:56 2012 - Unable to save "/home/XXXXX/.pan2/newsrc-4"
> Permission denied
>
>       The machine it happens on, currently running CentOS6, is one
> which got its GUI all fouled up somehow. I hit it with a big hammer --
> by creating a new userid for myself, and logging in thenceforth as
> Newuser instead of User. That "XXXXX" in there is the old userid -- I
> copied over .pan2 from User to Newuser, and ran chown against all of
> /home/ Newuser, or tried to.
>
>       Where have I goofed, and how do I fix it?

JZ has the right idea, but IIRC the wrong file.  The paths for the newsrc
files are found in servers.xml, not preferences.xml.

So if you're running with pan's data dir at the default ~/.pan2, look at
~/.pan2/servers.xml.

Be careful when you edit to only change the paths.  Don't mess up the XML
tags.  FWIW, it should be a pretty straight forward find and replace as
long as you're careful. =:^)