pan-users

[Pan-users] [latest git] Assertions hit in header-pane.cc

From: walt
Subject: [Pan-users] [latest git] Assertions hit in header-pane.cc
Date: Sat, 27 Oct 2012 15:18:43 -0700

Hi Heinrich.  (I'm posting to user instead of devel to accommodate Duncan, who
seems to be having some trouble with usenet technology ;)

I just hit the following asserts in header-pane.cc:

(pan:30080): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_tree_path_compare: assertion `a != NULL'
failed
(pan:30080): Gtk-CRITICAL **: IA__gtk_tree_path_compare: assertion `b != NULL'
failed

AFAICS, the only place that would happen is in 'on_tree_change', which then
apparently hits the assertion in 'get_article' twice in a row (I think) while
doing the compare.

I believe that assertion has been there for a long time (?) so why am I hitting
it now for the first time?  I set my servers to not expire articles ever, so
maybe there are some non-existent articles listed in my header pane, and they
may be causing trouble months after I changed the expiration setting?  Dunno,
just a thought.

FWIW, I think I did click on a header just before the assertion happened, but
the header was definitely a new header, not an old one.

Oh, one other unrelated bug I see:  the 'dl-meter-show' setting seems to be
ignored when pan first starts, but if I set it to 'false' in the settings
dialog, the dl-meter disappears until the next time I start pan.

Thanks again for all your great work :)