pan-users

[Pan-users] Building git pan: report warnings?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Building git pan: report warnings?
Date: Mon, 8 Oct 2012 21:55:28 +0000 (UTC)

I just rebuilt git pan (but haven't restarted it yet), and watching the
build output, it occurred to me that it's really not that noisy in terms
of warnings (unfortunately that's actually quite unusual, compliments to
Heinrich, Charles and the other coders for the clean code! =:^), so
reporting the ones that do come up is actually feasible.

So @ Heinrich:  Is reporting the ones that do come up worthwhile, or is
it all stuff you'll see anyway, so don't bother?

FWIW, there's presently two sets of warnings (when built against
glib-2.32.4 and gtk+-2.24.13 with gcc-4.7.2):

1) void g_atexit(GVoidFunc)' is deprecated

These warnings are from glib (gutils.h:239) and appear (twice each line)
in

body-pane.cc:

line 247 in function void {anonymous}::ensure_cursors_created(GtkWidget*)

line 661 in function {anonymous}::pixbufs_t& {anonymous}::get_emoticons()

I'm guessing you can see deprecated warnings yourself and will change
those calls in due time so reporting that doesn't really help.

2) An argument format warning that looks rather more serious (and the
real reason I chose to post), unsigned int vs. long unsigned int:

post-ui.cc:184:124

format '%u' expects argument of type 'unsigned int', but argument 4 has
type 'std::vector<pan::Task*>::size_type {aka long unsigned int}'

That's all the warnings I get, actually quite remarkable compared to the
noise a /lot/ of builds produce!  As I said above, compliments are due!
=:^)

(Yes, this really belongs on the dev list, but as I've said before, for
some reason my posts don't reliably show up there, some do, some don't.
I've had no problem with that here tho, so...)