pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] squished headers pane columns

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] squished headers pane columns
Date: Tue, 2 Oct 2012 18:14:27 +0000 (UTC)

thufir posted on Tue, 02 Oct 2012 05:49:50 +0000 as excerpted:

> On Tue, 02 Oct 2012 02:15:55 +0000, Duncan wrote:
>
>>  At the top of
>> the columns where the column titles are, if I hover over a division
>> between columns while moving the mouse slightly this way and that, the
>> mouse pointer turns into a double-headed east/west pointing arrow.
>
> Pardon, there is division between the columns, should've described that
> better.  There is only one column visible.

You sort of said that, but I couldn't quite envision a bug where the
widget only contained one column, so I interpreted it as only one column
visible, the rest scrolled off because the column was too wide.

But that doesn't seem to be the case, while the case I couldn't quite
envision seems to be what you're actually seeing. =:^(

Barring something exotic in your user config (which trying an entirely
new user should eliminate as a possibility), that's likely a gtk bug,
likely at the distro level due to bad interaction with some patch Ubuntu
applied for some other reason.  Because I just don't see any other reason
that a multi-column widget would only show one column, and I've been
running git-pan and thus checking every few commits, and haven't seen
such a thing, neither has anyone else reported such a thing (at least
here, I've not checked bugzilla), so it wouldn't seem to be in upstream
gtk or pan, or others would have reported it as well.

That's one I'd consider reporting on Ubuntu's launchpad (what they call
their bug tracker, I think), probably after asking on various ubuntu
forums/lists/etc, to see if anyone else is seeing it.

Strange indeed!