pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.133 refuses to work any longer

From: Mike Brown
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.133 refuses to work any longer
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 02:12:56 -0500

On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 12:07:29AM -0700, Joe Zeff wrote:
> On 08/24/2012 11:34 PM, Duncan wrote:
>> But, I've done a bit of research as I keep thinking I'll start with a
>> paid service again at some point and I thought I'd pass this on in case
>> you weren't aware of it...
>
> I've been very happy, TYVM, with usenetmonster.com for the last several
> years.  $2.95/month gets you 5 Gig/month with rollover, which is great for
> me because I only follow text groups.  $12.50/month for unlimited. However,
> they don't allow posting until you've downloaded 1 Gig although if you have
> a good reason and ask, they'll waive the requirement.

Astraweb is $20 for 3 months, 10 Mbps max (not a problem since my DSL is
on 4 Mbps down), unlimited download, and up to 20 connections.

I would pass the 5 Gig in a single day, if even that long.

At this point in time, until I do more tests, it looks like the US server
is still having issues, while the EU is not.

MB
--
e-mail: address@hidden | address@hidden            /~\ The ASCII
        address@hidden (140 char limit)       \ / Ribbon Campaign