pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Requirements for Gnome-Keyring use?

From: Darren A
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Requirements for Gnome-Keyring use?
Date: Sat, 21 Apr 2012 14:31:18 -0400

On Fri, Apr 20, 2012 at 12:44 PM, Heinrich Müller <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am Thu, 19 Apr 2012 16:17:58 -0400 schrieb Darren A:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> Thank you for all the great updates to Pan recently!   I saw that the
>> latest release had Gnome-Keyring support so I built the latest version
>> and made sure that it was built with Gnome keyring support:
>> checking for LIBGNOME_KEYRING_1... yes
>>
>> However it doesn't seem to be using it, I have tried blowing away the
>> .pan2 subdirectory and recreated the accounts but it does not seem to
>> use the Keyring.
>>
>> I am running XFCE on Fedora 16 and the Gnome-Keyring-daemon is running
>> but maybe since it doesn't detect a Gnome DE it won't use the keyring?
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> I use xfce, too, so it seems to be a problem on your end.
> Can you check for example with seahorse if passwords got created for pan?
> Can you try to delete the standard keyring or create one?
> Can you manually lock the keyring and start pan and see if it tries to
> unlock it? Is the keyring started?
> The normal behaviour for a new gkr instance would be that the agent asks
> you for a password to unlock the keyring.
>
> Use this commands and post their output:
> * echo $GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL
> * test -f ~/.gnome2/keyrings/login.keyring && echo "Have 'login' keyring"
> * grep -rq pam_gnome_keyring.so /etc/pam.* && echo "Have PAM Support"
>
> Cheers.

Good catch, it is storing it in the keyring but it also seems to be
storing it servers.xml even after deleting the object using Seahorse
and wiping my .pan2 directory.   Here is the output of  the commands
you asked me to run:

$ echo $GNOME_KEYRING_CONTROL
/tmp/keyring-kZb2ka
$ test -f ~/.gnome2/keyrings/login.keyring && echo "Have 'login' keyring"
Have 'login' keyring
$ grep -rq pam_gnome_keyring.so /etc/pam.* && echo "Have PAM Support"
Have PAM Support

I tried locking the keyring and Pan does trigger the prompt to unlock
it so it certainly seems to be interacting with the keyring properly
but at least on my system it is still storing it in servers.xml?

I can also try deleting my keyring and recreating it if you would like.

Thank you!