pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Compiling Error Pan 0.1.36

From: Chrome307
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Compiling Error Pan 0.1.36
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 02:54:12 -0700 (PDT)

Firstly thank you to all who have replied and provided instructions.

I would like to apologise regarding the use of html ( yes I am a newbie ! ).

Just to clarify my linux kernel is :  2.6.33.2

also the pan build I am attempting to compile is : 0.136 ( this was a typo ).

I also in haste pasted the wrong 'output' on pastebin .... this had all the options turned off.

However I have done this again with the correct options, but still received the same errors.

Finally I attempted to compile the application using a pristine copy of my OS with only the developer/compiler tools running using only the basic installation instructions and this time I received an error message informing me that GMime 2.4 was required.  I only added this piece of software and went through the same process but still have the same errors.

I am using the 'source' software which is a few days old, I will however use GIT and clone the repository and try again.

Regards
chrome

btw, is it worth adding the output dialog of my most recent failed attempt here in text format only?