pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Reading an HTML posting when using 'old' Pan

From: Duncan
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Reading an HTML posting when using 'old' Pan
Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2012 17:35:30 +0000 (UTC)

Ron Johnson posted on Thu, 22 Mar 2012 04:00:37 -0500 as excerpted:

>  While Tbird puts my cursor at the bottom of the window, more
> and more I must manually move the cursor to the top because non-geeks
> have been trained by Outlook and webmail to type at the top.

If I'm replying, my reply goes either inline or at the bottom, period.
Sometimes I rearrange or omit quotes to do it, but "if it's worth
replying, it's worth replying right."

Generally they get the idea by the second round or so, with additional
hints, if necessary.  Or occasionally, I just skip it if it's going to be
too much bother.

I even recall a support incident where the first reply had the
instruction not to remove anything, for context.  I understand the
reasoning, but while it did make it a bit inconvenient by the time there
were several pages of layered quotes to go thru, they too quickly
switched to replying at the bottom.