pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Reading an HTML posting when using 'old' Pan

From: Steven D'Aprano
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Reading an HTML posting when using 'old' Pan
Date: Fri, 10 Feb 2012 04:41:38 +1100

Joe Zeff wrote:
On 02/09/2012 08:06 AM, Rui Maciel wrote:
Ok, then. Pick your mailing list.

I'm on several mailing lists, including one for Scribus. The list software is set not to send html, but it does tell you that html has been scrubbed. (When some ID10T sends *both* text and html, we see the text, and a notice that something was scrubbed.)

If people will send HTML emails, and given Gmail, Outlook and corporate practice, they will, it is infinitely better to send both HTML and a plain text version than just HTML.

--
Steven