pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.135 Win32 build update

From: Steve Davies
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Pan 0.135 Win32 build update
Date: Fri, 7 Oct 2011 00:09:44 +0100

On 6 October 2011 13:16, Heinrich Müller <address@hidden> wrote:
> Am Thu, 06 Oct 2011 13:00:40 +0100 schrieb Steve Davies:
>
>> On 6 October 2011 05:01, Heinrich Müller
>>>
>>> Can you give me further details about the gtkspell part?
>>>

>> I needed to add an intermediate library (Enchantment?) to make GTKSpell
>> work under Win32 - IIRC, this is a change in configure.in,
>> and I can send you a patch off-list at a later date if you want to take
>> a look at it?
>>
>> Regards,
>> Steve
>
> Sure, you can do that, thanks.

Attached here for any wannabe Win32 builders.

The patch simply makes the enchant library an additional requirement
for building gtkspell support into Pan2. Having never built Pan Linux
from scratch (package managers FTW), I have no idea what side effects
that might cause there.

It probably ought to have some kind of "#ifdef Win32" on it, but I did
not need that to make it work :) Downloading or building libenchant
for mingw is left as an exercise for the reader... I really do not
recall if I built it or just found a binary package.

Enjoy.
Steve