pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Newbie question about unviewable posts

From: Steven D'Aprano
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Newbie question about unviewable posts
Date: Wed, 14 Sep 2011 09:43:24 +1000

Graham Lawrence wrote:
I click the post header in the top right pane, and sometimes the associated
text appears in the bottom right pane, and sometimes it doesn't.  When it
doesn't, I notice that an aqua icon in its header line is absent, which
icon's presence means the article has been cached.  So I cache the post with
the right click menu, and nothing happens, no icon appears in its header
line, and still no text.

How do I view such posts, and why don't they cache?  BTW they are not empty
posts, their header line declares they contain so many lines of text.  Thank
you in advance for your help.

I believe you may be seeing a bug in some posts hosted by Astraweb. There has been a LOT of discussion on that over the last few months. Please see these threads, and see if they describe what you are experiencing:

First report:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/pan-users/2011-06/msg00091.html

Someone else sees the same problem:
http://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/pan-users/2011-08/msg00000.html