pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Articles Pan Can't Read

From: Mark S Bilk
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Articles Pan Can't Read
Date: Wed, 10 Aug 2011 01:11:24 -0700

On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 05:38:28AM +0000, Jim Henderson wrote:
>On Tue, 09 Aug 2011 22:20:56 -0700, Mark S Bilk wrote:
>
>> Knode can read all of them.  Pan can read 1 and 2, but originally could
>> only see the headers of 3, 4, and 5.  It said each of those contained
>> over 800 lines.
>
>I haven't got a 'normal' USENET server in my servers list, but something
>I've found is that turning line wrap on/off or turning quoting on/off
>will change the visibility of a message.  You might try that and see if
>that changes the behaviour.

I removed ~/.pan2 to eliminate any effects of caching, etc., and
restarted Pan.  I could see the headers of all 5 articles, but
could only read #1 and 2.  I tried all four combinations of

View/Body-Pane/Wrap-Article-Body on and off

and

View/Body-Pane/Mute-Quoted-Text  on and off

but I couldn't read articles 3, 4, or 5 with any combination.

Thanks anyway!