pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Dependency hell with Pan on SL

From: Beartooth
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Dependency hell with Pan on SL
Date: Tue, 28 Jun 2011 14:12:50 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 27 Jun 2011 15:08:29 -0600, K. Haley wrote:

> On 06/27/2011 12:55 PM, Duncan wrote:
>> If I'm not mistaken, pan-0.134 didn't yet support gnome3, but there's
>> definitely support for gnome3 in khaley's git repo, and I believe it
>> made it into 0.135 as well.
>>
>> Further, even if I'm wrong about gmime-2.5 being a gnome3 thing, it's
>> quite likely that pan-0.135 supports it as well.
>>
> Actually gmime-2.5 has been around for a while, it just hasn't been
> released as a stable version yet.  I added support for it around May
> last year.  It has a different api so only one or the other can be used.

        Errr... Ummm .... Translation, please?

        Fwiw, of course I tried first to get an rpm from rebelbase.com --
is that obsolete? I looked in a lot of other places, and IIRC (big IF!
Absent-mindedness increases with age.), the one I have is from pbone. Is
there one for 0.135 somewhere? Commands like 'make' are beyond any savvy
I have to recover from if anything were to go wrong.