pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] New Feature - Uploading binaries

From: bcb
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] New Feature - Uploading binaries
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2011 17:46:06 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 15 Jun 2011 14:31:18 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> Heinrich Mueller posted on Mon, 13 Jun 2011 20:56:24 +0200 as excerpted:
>
>> What I would like to have added was xzver support, but somehow it
>> doesn't work. The decoder does its work, but the data from the server
>> doesn't seem to be in the right format for zlib deflate or I'm missing
>> something. Perhaps somebody has some suggestions?
>
> Perhaps a stupid question from a non-coder that likes to think he can at
> least sort of keep up with the conversation, but it's not something as
> trivial as endianness, is it?  That's the first thing that leaps to my
> mind when I see "the data from the server doesn't seem to be in the
> right format".

Can an option be added to pan (or did I miss it, using Windows 0.134 "wait
for me") so that when someone posts a massive binary to a non-binary group
(or, I guess, any group) to display *only* the textual portion of the
message and not prompt me to download it?

To me, there's nothing more annoying (OK, that's not entirely true :-)
than reading through a non-binary group like pan.user (I read it through
gmane) and having the "mood" broken by an oversized pop-up asking me what
to do.

My $0.02

Bruce