pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Kill-file: no "mark as read"?

From: Ron Blizzard
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Kill-file: no "mark as read"?
Date: Thu, 21 Apr 2011 04:30:13 -0500

On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 3:19 AM, Graham Peter Davis
<address@hidden> wrote:

> In other news-readers I've used, it's possible to "kill-file" someone by
> setting their postings to "mark as read". I can't find such a setting in
> Pan. Is there one?

I don't think there is one. For what it's worth, this is my routine. I
add scoring rules to ignore various posters, cross-posts, and subjects
that have gone too long.. When I'm done reading those messages that
are not killfiled, I go to the group pane, right click on it, and
select "mark all messages read." The group is then zeroed out and I'm
ready for the next session.

I sometimes I miss Xnews, but not much anymore (Pan is actually pretty
close). And I certainly don't miss Windows.

--
RonB -- Using CentOS 5.6