pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] One group suddenly ignored

From: Glen Walpert
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] One group suddenly ignored
Date: Wed, 13 Apr 2011 18:21:50 -0400

<clip previous discussion of problem with older versions>

I have now installed pan 0.134 on two machines, one maintaining my old configuration (.pan2 directory) and one clean install where I manually reconfigured my server (news.astraweb.com) and added several newsgroups including the problem group (sci.electronics.com) but no related (likely to have crossposts) groups. Get new headers on startup and when entering groups is disabled in preferences. Delete old messages set to 3 months. Symptoms are the same on both systems:
 - groups other than sci.electronics.design work normally
- I can get and look at new headers in sci.electronics.design, and read the messages, with: - get new headers, which actually gets only those headers actually new since I last checked
      - get headers for last N days
      - get all headers
      - get last N headers
All of these appear to work normally, however, as soon as I leave sci.electronics.design and return, they all vanish! If the new headers are retrieved with "get new headers in subscribed groups" or by having get new headers on startup enabled, then the number of new messages is shown in the groups pane but when the group is entered they all disappear, and regardless of how headers are retrieved the headers file (.pan2/groups/sci.electronics.design) is not updated!

When compiling 0.134, 'make check' returned errors:
PASS test #17 (text-massager-test.cc, 288)
FAIL test #18 (text-massager-test.cc, 293) "out == expected_out"
FAIL: text-massager-test
PASS test #1 (url-find-test.cc, 19)
1 of 6 tests failed
Please report to http://bugzilla.gnome.org/enter_bug.cgi?product=Pan
make[3]: *** [check-TESTS] Error 1
make[3]: Leaving directory `/arch_0/Prog_T/pan-0.134/pan/usenet-utils'
make[2]: *** [check-am] Error 2
make[2]: Leaving directory `/arch_0/Prog_T/pan-0.134/pan/usenet-utils'
make[1]: *** [check-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/arch_0/Prog_T/pan-0.134/pan'
make: *** [check-recursive] Error 1

Suggestions?

Thanks,
Glen