pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: New version of pan ?

From: David Shochat
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: New version of pan ?
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 12:07:41 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 17 Jan 2011 08:07:42 +0000, Duncan wrote:

> You had me /very/ confused for a bit... until I remembered that there's
> actually a server called "Eternal September"! =:^0
>
> Meanwhile, I believe you'll find /my/ post makes more sense if you read
> the "eternal September" bit as the original metaphorical reference that
> the server in question is named after.
>
> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eternal_september

Thanks for the education. I had never heard that term before (although I
was using the Internet before there was any WWW). I remember when only
the elite had Usenet access (not to mention real Internet E-mail
addresses) and I could only dream. And when I did finally start using
Usenet, every time I went to post something, a big warning came up
pointing out the tremendous bandwidth impact of what I was about to do.
And this was text! I sometimes think of that as I watch my streaming
Netflix movie.
-- David