pan-users

Re: [OT] Software politics (was Re: [Pan-users] Re: Questions about the

From: Rui Maciel
Subject: Re: [OT] Software politics (was Re: [Pan-users] Re: Questions about the next release)
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 11:16:51 +0000

On 11/14/2010 01:09 AM, Ron Johnson wrote:

I'm the responder, not the initiator.

Not as much as a "responder" as a "knee-jerker" and "troll".

Nice debating technique trying to change the subject from *writing style* to "physical appearance".

You've lost any right to criticize anyone's "debating technique" once you tried to attack a message by bitching about irrelevant aspects such as the "writing style" which was employed.

If you think that the use of run-on sentences is an attack on your
freedom of choice,  your hat probably needs an extra layer of
tin-foil.

Another failed attempt to twist my words.

I don't see why. But then again, feel free to provide any explanation which demonstrates how writing long sentences "belie your assertion that we all should make our own choices".

          The right to make your own choice is not in contradiction
to the right of people to use emotionally laden terms to persuade.

But they certainly are less effective.

So you are complaining because according to your opinion the message was written to be persuasive?

Besides, try reading Samuel Pepys someday. People back then could
make sentences run on for three or four pages! Literally.

So, because Samuel Pepys wrote run-on "pages" in literal chicken scratch (I looked it up in Wikipedia) that makes it ok for Duncan to do it?

Your post is replete with fallacies.

The sad thing about usenet fading away is that those poor mentally imbalanced trolls who waste their time trolling usenet newsgroups start to migrate towards other communication media, such as web forums and mailing lists.

Rui Maciel