pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: [OT] Software politics (was Re: Re: Questions about

From: Charles Kerr
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: [OT] Software politics (was Re: Re: Questions about the next release)
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2010 23:19:57 -0600

On Sat, Nov 13, 2010 at 10:01 PM, Lacrocivious Acrophosist
<address@hidden> wrote:

> More importantly, now that Charles has moved on to other projects and is
> loathe to spend more time on Pan's code, Duncan has become the
> Institutional Memory of Pan. Duncan is the keel that keeps the Pan
> project together. He provides a center for other contributors to
> attach ribs and decks.

For whatever it's worth, I agree with this 100%.  There have been several
times where Duncan has remembered the reason behind this-or-that change
better than I did.  He has been a consistent fixture and go-to "answer man"
for ... well, for longer than either of us would like to admit, probably. :)

I'm not saying you need to read every word he writes -- I don't -- but
pan-users would be a much smaller place without Duncan.  I enjoy both
his singular institutional knowledge *and* his off-topic discussions.

cheers,
Charles