pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: [OT] Software politics (was Re: Re: Questions about the

From: Lacrocivious Acrophosist
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: [OT] Software politics (was Re: Re: Questions about the next release)
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 2010 04:01:00 +0000 (UTC)

Ron Johnson <address@hidden> writes:

<snip>

> So, because Samuel Pepys wrote run-on "pages" in literal chicken
> scratch (I looked it up in Wikipedia) that makes it ok for Duncan to
> do it?
>
> Your post is replete with fallacies.

I like Duncan's posts.

I almost always learn something from them, and he is very knowledgeable about
the actual workings of Pan in the real world.

More importantly, now that Charles has moved on to other projects and is loathe
to spend more time on Pan's code, Duncan has become the Institutional Memory of
Pan. Duncan is the keel that keeps the Pan project together. He provides a
center for other contributors to attach ribs and decks.

Duncan is one of the few characters more loquacious than I am, and he does
manage to encompass the gestalt on his way to elucidating the solution, but
surely I am not the only one to enjoy the ride ;-)

Duncan's presence and constancy here is valued by many.