pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Questions about the next release

From: Bob Henson
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Questions about the next release
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2010 14:25:21 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 05 Aug 2010 23:25:49 -0500, Charles Kerr wrote:

> As has already been documented, I don't use Pan much anymore and don't
> feel like I'm the best person to "steer" the project.  But, that said --
> However, I've finally gotten write access again to rebelbase.com (to be
> specific, my account always had it, but I'd lost my account info) and
> now update pages, upload tarballs, etc.
>
> There have been a lot of changes since 0.133 back in *cough* August
> 2008.  Is it time for a new release to get these changes into wider
> circulation?
>
> Also, Is there any advantage to using gnome's repository compared to
> github, or github compared to gnome's repo?

I'm not sure this is the point or place to ask, but will their be a new
Windows port? If so, will the spell check function be included?

There are a couple of general problems which apply to the Linux versions
too  - they may well already be in your updates. Pan doesn't remember the
state of the posting screen. It has to be maximised every time it is used
- no big deal, but a nuisance nevertheless. This particular GUI reliant
wallah would like a configurable wrapping point (by number of characters),
to enable a wider choice of fonts to be used. Maybe that can already be
done in the config file?

--
Regards,

Bob
Licentiae, quam stulti libertatem vocabant - Tacitus